APPLICATION CRITERIA AND FORM
Mentoring is a personal development approach to assist those wishing to improve their own attitude and abilities for better performance. It involves a mentee and mentor forming a mutual learning relationship that works towards reaching the mentees goals and aspirations. Benefits of mentoring range from mentees accessing professional networks and expertise to building of their own self-confidence and awareness. Mentors also benefit in the satisfaction of opportunities to transfer their skills and knowledge as well as watching the mentee grow.
The Gender Training Institute (GTI) in conjunction with TGNP Mtandao is launching an online mentoring program for young women in leadership positions possessing aspirations to pursue further leadership roles. This program will reach out to women from various sectors in the private, public and NGO domain in Tanzania. They will have demonstrated an involvement or keenness to work in the Transformative Feminist movement in Tanzania.
We are currently seeking applicants from young women in such positions that would like to participate in this mentoring program. The program will involve 36 women and run over 9 months which will include an orientation session to better understand mentoring and the expectations of those participating. Below is the criteria and application form/paper that is to be completed by the applicant and emailed to GTI at email@example.com using subject line: Young Women in Leadership Online Mentoring Program by 5.00pm, 8th December 2017.
To be considered to participate in the Tanzanian Young Women Leaders’ Online Mentoring Program the applicant must match the criteria below:
- Is a Tanzanian woman currently in a low/middle leadership position aspiring to hold further leadership roles within one of these sectors: women’s rights organisation, media, Local Government, business or commercial, fresh or post graduate, politics
- Possess a minimum Undergraduate Degree
- Age 20-35 years
- Has access and reliable connectivity to ICT platforms including phone and internet
- Proficient in usage of ICT Office programs and social media platforms
- Is fluent in English and Swahili, written and spoken
- Has a strong desire to form a relationship with a mentor
- Is ready and has time to commit to the program
- Actively engaging in community work
- Can attend the orientation program on 14th-15th December 2017
- Provide contact details of one professional referee and one personal referee
- Completes personal leadership vision and plan on how she intends to achieve this vision