TGNP Mtandao has been in existence since 1993, during which time it has built itself into a leading member of the women feminist movement for social gender transformation and women empowerment within Tanzanian, Africa and beyond. Its overall goal is to contribute to increased gender responsiveness of policy formulation and implementation of various policies. The approach of the organization is enhancing strategic linkages, networking and coalition building among like-minded civil society organizations, grassroots groups and key networks and coalitions. Over the years, TGNP has made a substantial contribution towards developing a critical mass of organized civil society with the capacity to critically analyze and stimulate public debate, and to carry out activism and collective action on pertinent social, cultural, political and economic development issues.
To adequately fulfill its objectives and in line with the expansion of its activities in the country, TGNP Mtandao is inviting applications from suitably qualified and self-motivated Tanzanians of high personal integrity to apply for the vacant position existing within the organization.
2.0 Programme Officer: Research
The Programme Officer: Research will coordinate and facilitate analysis/reviews of information related policies, contextual and methodological trends for repackaging. This may include: engaging in research and conducting literature reviews, and editing other outputs of the research team.
- i) Conduct qualitative research, surveys and coordinate research assignments within the organization which will include data collection, implementation and carry out data analysis and report writing for various research assignments;
iii) Prepare and submit quality and timely research reports, plans, budgets and reports to inform both inward and outward learning;
- iv) Keep abreast latest developments on new ideas and materials in the area of policy analysis, budgeting and movement building;
- v) Participate in quality assurance meetings for research reports and ensure final quality reports are produced and shared
- vi) Conduct desk research based on contextual analysis and socio-economic to inform analysis and advocacy work;
vii) Participate in various research and knowledge sessions of their research based institutions and update the organization on current research findings;
- Participate in needs identification for strengthening the capacity of various stakeholders for the organization’s and the related research agenda relevant to the organization such as the civil society organizations and other organizations working with grassroots to carry out research aiming at social change,
- Facilitate the sharing and communication of various research findings within TGNP to various stakeholders;
- Train research assistants and assistant researchers manage fieldwork and ensure effective data processing for various research assignments;
- ix) Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Executive Director or Head of Programme.
3.0 Job specifications.
Qualifications and experience
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or equivalent is required with a minimum 3 years of working experience in research will be added advantage.
Key Job skill requirements (Competencies)
- Ability to do analysis using various computerized package such as SPSS
- Ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written English
- Familiarity with web research is essential
- Inter-personal and team building skills
- Thorough proficiency in the use of Microsoft office
The post carries attractive remuneration for the right candidate.
5.0 Mode of Application
All applications supported by CV, a statement of not more than three pages on your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; two reference letters and supporting documents to be submitted within 7 days from date of first appearance this advertisement which is 15th March 2017.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer. Women and youth are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
P.O. Box 8921,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
E Mail: email@example.com
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
For more information about TGNP visit our website www.tgnp.org